Hello! I haven’t been on here in a little while and decided today was a good day to post about a few things that are going on in my life! I will linking up with Clare for another Five Things Friday!
5 Things Making Me Happy!
1. I finished my undergraduate (
hopefully)! I had my last exam on Friday and have received my final grade for the class. Now I am just waiting for the Senate to approve my graduation application. I took three classes this summer in order to complete my degree by the end of the summer and while it was frustrating and tiresome at times, I am so happy I took these courses. I hope to be walking the stage in October at my university’s convocation!
2. I got to go home and surprise my mom for her birthday! While it was a very short visit, it was nice to be home. My mom ended up coming back to the mainland with me and stayed the night. She also got to visit some friends she hadn’t seen in awhile and I know she enjoyed her visit, as did I!
3. My hair is growing! I got a good couple inches chopped off my hair about two months ago and right around the same time I got my hair cut, I started taking 1000 mcg of biotin daily. I am not entirely sure it is helping my hair grow but it definitely seems to be breaking less which is especially good for me, because my hair is so thin!
4. I got to be a part of Vancouver’s Pride Parade. (This actually took place the first week of August but I haven’t seen blogging regularly so I thought I would throw it in.) I volunteered with the Canadian Cancer Society and got to actually be in the parade this year. Last year I helped out at the booth, educating the public about the importance of early detection for cancer and the importance of protection. This year, a friend and I decided we wanted to be in the parade and let me tell you it was crazy! I was so tired by the end of it but it was really fun!
5. Bike rides! Living on a mountain has its advantages and disadvantages. One of the disadvantages is that there is really no place to run or bike. When I was at home on the island I went for a bike ride with my mom and it made me realize how much I love to bike. Not only is it good exercise, but I like the fact that you get to cover a great distance in a short period of time.
5 Foods I ate!
1. I have been obsessed with Laughing Cow cheese lately so this has been my go to meal for the past week. Laughing cow cheese, homegrown tomatoes, green onions and S&P on a toasted ciabatta bun.
2. Steak and grilled veggies. When I was home this weekend for my mom’s birthday I got to enjoy barbecued steak and grilled veggies. I do not have a grill or a deck at my apartment so this was definitely a treat!
3. Zucchini blueberry lemon muffins. These were good but they still need tweaking before I post a recipe! Check back soon for one!
4. Quest bars. I finally caved a bought a box of the chocolate chip cookie dough bars and a box of the cookies and cream bars and I have been snacking on these ever since I bought them. They are the perfect sweet treat to satisfy my cravings!
5. Homemade blueberry pancakes. Travis has been working a lot lately so I try and get up early to at least make him a smoothie or something for breakfast before he runs out the door. Lately he has been asking me to make homemade blueberry pancakes and I have made them a few times in the last couple of weeks at his request!
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!