How is it already the last Friday in August!? This summer has gone by waaayyyy too fast! I would definitely not complain if we had a few more weeks of warm weather before the west coast of Canada experiences 8 months of grey sky and rain. That being said, I am excited to see what Fall has to bring in terms of my future! Since it is the last Friday of summer I decided to switch things up! I will still be linking up with Clare for Five Things Friday, but I also wanted to link up with Heather for Friday Favourites (notice how I put the “u” in favourites since I am Canadian hehe) to showcase some of my favourite things in my life this week!
Five Things Making Me Happy!
1. Having the gym to myself. I went to my school gym last weekend and I was literally the only person in there. It was so nice to be able to do whatever exercise I wanted, when I wanted! That never happens!
2. I completed the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge and donated to this very worthy cause! I am sure everyone has seen these videos everywhere on Facebook. ALS is a very devastating disease and to whoever started the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge I applaud you for using social media in such a positive way. I hope that the money raised will help support those affected by ALS, their families and everyone who will be affected in the future. Here is a still shot of me having the water poured on my head!
3. The new Davids Tea Fall Collection. I got the email the other day that this new collection has launched and I cannot wait to buy it! I am hoping Meg at A Dash of Meg will do a review on it soon because I really value her advice and preferences when it comes to tea! She is definitely the queen of tea! #teawithmeg
4. My two and a half year anniversary with Travis is today! We haven’t seen a lot of one another lately even though we live together. He has been very busy with work because it is the beginning of football season so I am hoping we will get to celebrate in the next few weeks once our schedules aren’t so busy!
5. Treats from friends. One of my really good friends brought Travis and I goodies that she made. She brought us homemade cinnamon buns, two types of cupcakes, brownies, and lavender bread. Everything was delicious!
- St. Tropez Self Tan Brozing Mousse! Let me start off by saying I am naturally a VERY pale person. I do not tan easily and I tend to burn if I am in the sun without sunscreen in as little as half an hour. That being said, being pale isn’t in right now, especially in the summer. My go to tanning mousse is this one by St. Tropez. I have been using it for years and it has never left me streaky, smelly, or orange.
- Baptiste Dry Shampoo for Dark Hair! I am very lucky to not have super greasy hair for how fine and thin my hair is! However, when I do need an extra “oomph” to my ‘do or want to freshen up my hair I use this Baptiste dry shampoo. I usually put it on before bed and when I sleep it disperses evenly so that when I wake up my hair looks refreshed! Also, because it is for dark hair, you don’t have that dusty whitish look to your hair that can occur with other dry shampoos that are white.
- Rivalus Complx5 Pre-workout! I love this pre-workout! Lately, I have been trying to avoid caffeine because I find I am easily affected by it, so I switched to a pre-workout that contains no caffeine. This pre-workout by Rivalus contains 5 main ingredients, sodium bicarbonate, n-acetyl-tyrosine, arginine, beta-alanine, and red ginseng. I would describe it as giving you more of a “pump” feeling than a “burst of energy” feeling, which I actually prefer if I am going to strength train. I purchased the orange flavour but I will probably try the lemon-lime flavour next just to switch things up!
I hope everyone has a fabulous long weekend!