I am definitely hooked on pico de gallo right now! Maybe it is because the tomatoes are so much tastier at this time of year or maybe because everything tastes better when it is summer. Either way this is a recipe everyone should try! I could literally eat it right out of the bowl that’s how much I like it!
Pico de Gallo
3 Tomatoes, I used Roma
1/2 White onion
4 Green Onions
3 Garlic Cloves
Juice of 1 Lime
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Gather all ingredients.
Chop all ingredients up and combine in a bowl.
Mix everything together and let it sit in the fridge for at least an hour!
This recipe could easily be doubled or tripled and can also be modified. I am not a cilantro lover but I know many people like it in their pico de gallo so that is one modification you could make. Travis and I put this on our taco salad, on our eggs and in our lingcod bowls. It is super tasty and can be paired with many different dishes. I hope you enjoy it!
It’s Friday again! I really have not kept up with blogging lately due to life getting in the way but I am back at it once again. Today I am linking up with Clare for another Five Things Friday!
I have decided to do this post featuring my favourite things over the past few weeks
(because I have neglected my blog) so here they are!
Five Things Making Me Happy!
1. Beach Days! Travis and I both had Canada Day off work so we went to explore one of the beaches near us with one of his friends. The weather was perfect and I was happy that we got to spend some time outdoors!
2. I got to go visit my family last weekend and I get to go again this weekend as well. I am not so happy about the reason why I am going two weekends in a row (I need a filling on one of my teeth) but I am super excited that I get to go to the island again even if it is only for a couple of days! Travis is coming with me this weekend as well which makes me even more excited!
(I took this picture of a cruise ship we passed while on the ferry)
3. Gifts from the boyfriend! Travis was away for about 3 weeks, working and then he went back home to California and when he came back he had a bunch of treats for me. His parents also bought me a few goodies and I am so blessed to have them all in my life!
(The treats included saltwater taffy, nike shorts, bathing suit bottoms, a coffee mug, pb2, bcaa’s, protein and a dream catcher that had belong to Travis grandfather. I am spoiled!)
4. This cute tea holder I made for all my DavidsTea bags! I found the instructions on how to make it here.
5. Catching up with old friends. When I went home this past weekend I got to catch up with a bunch of girlfriends I had not seen in months! It was as if no time had passed between us and it was great to see them!
That’s all for today! Have a wonderful weekend!