Another week has come and gone! Happy Friday everyone! Again, I am linking up with Clare for Five Things Friday!
PS… I must apologize for the lack of pictures this week!
Five Things Making Me Happy!
1. I started my summer semester this week. I am not really happy with the actual work I have to do but seeing that this will be my last semester at SFU, I am super happy to start my final semester.
2. Travis and I went on a giant hike this past week. We decided to explore and eventually that led us to hike down Burnaby Mountain and then back up again. The hike was just under 10 km and took us about 2.5 hours. One the way up we encountered 500 stairs which was defiantly a challenge! It was the perfect temperature out and I am sure we will be conquering Burnaby Mountain again soon!
3. This workout from Tone It Up! I did it twice this week on the elliptical and loved it! You can make it as challenging as you like and because you are constantly changing tempos, it doesn’t get boring!
4. The new Oprah Chai Tea Latte from Starbucks. I asked the lady working there what the difference was between this Oprah chai tea latte and the regular chai tea latte and she said the Oprah chai tea latte contained cinnamon while the regular one doesn’t. Seeing as I love cinnamon, I definitely enjoyed the Oprah chai tea latte and will be ordering it again soon!
5. My Mama! This weekend it is Mother’s Day and while I won’t be with my mom this Sunday, I just want to say how thankful I am for her. She is always there for me, whether I am laughing, crying, ranting, bored, etc. Thank you for being my best friend Mom. I love you!
Five Things I Ate!
1. Scrambled eggs with salsa! So so so yummy!
2. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies! I modified a few recipes to make these cookies and they were delicious. They were soft, sweet and had the perfect texture. Let me tell you the secret to keeping cookies soft and chewy. Add a piece of bread to the container you are storing the cookies in. The cookies will not dry out, but the bread will! Surprisingly Travis taught me this trick and I have been using it with every batch of cookies I make and it works wonderfully! Nothing is worse than a super dry cookie!
3. Turkey avocado sandwich on whole wheat bread. I add mustard, red onion and a touch of salt and pepper! Super tasty and filling.
4. Amy’s Lentil Soup. First of all I love soup! Travis thinks I have an obsession! I had a bowl of Amy’s Lentil Soup after our long hike this week and it was the perfect food to fill be up after a long workout.
5. Watermelon. I LOVE watermelon. We bought one the other day when it was on sale and I cut the whole thing up that night. I think it was gone in 3 days. So refreshing! It is the perfect summer treat!
Have a fabulous weekend!