Five things making me happy!
1. I got to see my parents yesterday! They were supposed to come visit Monday but the ferry ended up being delayed until that afternoon. They decided it wasn’t worth it to come over for two hours, so they came over yesterday for the day to visit! It was so nice seeing them. I am so blessed to have them as parents. They have supported me so much over the past few years and I couldn’t be more grateful. I love them!
2. It is now officially spring! Enough said.
3. The colour of my nails. I usually only have enough patience to do one coat of nail polish on my nails but this week I decided to be girly and painted them coral. The perfect colour to welcome the warmer weather (hopefully).
4. One of my classes finished on Tuesday! It is such a relief to think that I only have to focus on three classes for the remainder of the semester!
5. Pinterest! I am obsessed with it right now! I especially love trying out new recipes. If I find some super good recipes I will post them on here!
Five Things I Ate This Week
1. Veggie Quinoa Salad – Recipe can be found here. It is such a great salad!
2. Fish Tacos & Pico de Gallo – We had some frozen tilapia in the freezer which I baked with Mrs. Dash for seasoning. I made homemade pico de gallo (SO GOOD) and we added the tilapia, pico de gallo, avocado and iceberg lettuce into small corn tortillas. I will definitely be making this again!
3. Fresh strawberries – We bought a 2 lb. tub from Costco because they were fairly reasonably priced and they were so good. These strawberries made me excited for all the summer fruit that will soon be in season!
4. Green Smoothie – Every morning this week I have been having a green smoothie. I use spinach and do not think you can taste it at all. I have been experimenting with different recipes all week but I still think my favourite is this green smoothie I made a few weeks back. I feel like these smoothies give me a ton of energy in the morning and they taste great!
5. Poached Eggs – I love eggs! Poached eggs are probably my favourite and right now I love spreading avocado on toast, like butter, and placing the poached egg on top of the toast. Such a tasty breakfast!
What are your plans this weekend? I am participating and volunteering at Relay for Life at my university!
What have you been eating a lot of lately? I cannot seem to get enough of avocados this week!
I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!