Five things making me happy!
1. I got to see one of my best friends last weekend! For the past two months, Emily was travelling SE Asia and she had a layover in Vancouver on her way home, so I was able to catch up with her for a few hours before she headed back to Alberta! I have known Emily since we were about 6 years old but since she lives in a different province than I do, we only get to see each other about once a year. It’s amazing to me that we have still remained so close after 5 years of not living in the same province and I am truly blessed to have such a wonderful friend!
(Excuse my paleness!)
2. Today is my Dad’s Birthday! Happy Birthday Dad! Also, my parents are coming to visit me next week and I am super excited to see them! It’s funny because I went home around a month ago, but it feels like I haven’t seen my family in months!
3. The sunshine! This past week Vancouver has received so much sunshine and it has started to feel like spring! However, today it is raining but that’s ok. I love that feeling during spring when you can actually start to feel the warm suns rays on your back!
4. My Garmin 220 heart rate monitor. I LOVE it! My parents got this for me for my birthday last month and I was super happy about it! I find myself way more motivated to work out when I wear it. I am sure it is psychological but I like being able to track my progress and physically see how I am doing on paper and on charts!
5. Tea. I just love it. Plain and simple. #teawithmeg
Five Things I Ate This Week
1. Black Bean Brownies – I have mastered a recipe that it delicious and you cannot even tell the brownies are made with black beans! I will post the recipe on the blog sometime this coming week!
2. Stuffed Peppers – Found this lovely recipe On McKinli Hatch’s blog. It is so easy but super yummy at the same time!
3. Homemade popcorn – I got a microwave popcorn maker for my birthday this year and I love experimenting and trying new flavours for this healthy snack!
(This was parmesan cheese popcorn!)
4. My Omi’s Homemade Tomato Soup – SO GOOD. I am a big soup lover and this soup reminds me of home.
5. Roasted chicken with vegetables. We followed this recipe but made some modifications because I thought there was too much oil in it and we had different vegetables in the fridge (broccoli and cauliflower). We also only had skinless chicken breasts so we cut those in half horizontally (so they were thinner) and they worked really well for this recipe. I was super pleased with how this meal tuned out! We will definitely be making this again!
What are your plans this weekend? Mine involves a lot of studying!
What is your favourite type of tea? Mine right now is still the Lime Gelato from Davids Tea!
What have you been eating a lot of lately? Right now I am loving eggs, dark chocolate and natural peanut butter! I can’t get enough!
We are halfway through March already! Wow! Enjoy your weekend!