Another week has gone by and it’s that time again! Thanks to Clare for hosting Five Things Friday!
Five Things Making Me Happy!
1. I participated and volunteered at Relay For Life at my university and it was such a wonderful event! This relay lasted from 7:00 pm until 7:00 am and was one of the most inspiring events I have ever been to. One of the most touching moments was when the luminaries were lit and we were walking around the track. I had chills come over me as we walked and looked at the many luminaries each representing someone who has lost their battle with cancer, who is fighting their battle with this disease or who has survived cancer. It seemed that everyone has been touched by cancer in some way or another and that we were all there for each other at that moment. I am so thankful I got to be apart of this event and would encourage anyone to participate or volunteer at the Relay For Life event held in their city. It truly was a wonderful experience!
2. This was my crazy week at school due to the fact that I had 3 essays due within 6 days. I have finished two (yippee!!) and only have one left to do which I have already started. It is so nice not leaving work until the last minute and finishing before the due date!
3. It is starting to get lighter at night! One of my favourite parts of summer is the fact that it stays light out quite late! Last night I finished volunteering and was waiting for the bus at around 8:00 pm and there was still a bit of light left in the sky. This made me think that the days are getting longer and everyday we are that much closer to summer and warmer weather!
4. My boyfriend and I got to dress up fancy on Wednesday night. He had an athletic banquet and I was able to attend the after party. It is so fun changing out of my usual lulu’s every now and then and getting all dolled up!
5. I went and saw an advisor this week and she said as long as I pass my classes, I will graduate in August! This was such a relief to hear because I was scared I did not have enough credits. Turns out I have way more than I need! I am really looking forward to officially being done!
Five Things I Ate This Week
1. Poached egg on toast with avocado and tomatoes – This has been my “go to” breakfast all week! I probably ate it 5 this week and I cannot get enough! The combination in delicious!
2. Homemade Meringues – I wanted to make meringues because I love their texture and like how they are a light dessert. I followed a 2 ingredient recipe and let me tell you they did not turn out! It may have been due to the fact that I beated the eggs by hand and they weren’t “peaky” enough. They were good for the first hour and then became super soft and sticky (almost like a marshmallow). I will definitely need to find a new recipe and invest in some beaters!
3. Salmon Lox – I have been searching for lox for a few weeks and have finally found it at my local grocery store. I love, love, love it! It tastes especially good on whole wheat english muffins with some cream cheese and a little S & P!
4. Mug Cakes – I have been experimenting with the many recipes I have found online and they are all super delicious! I love that they are so quick and easy to make!
5. Homemade Popcorn – Such an easy snack! It is filling and delicious and I don’t feel the guilt after stuffing my face!
What are your plans this weekend? I am finishing my last paper of the semester!
What have you been eating a lot of lately? For me it has been, poached eggs, avocados, salmon lox!
I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!